Days can be busy. That’s an understatement, right? Sometimes it feels like the world is swirling and managing your finances only adds to the struggle. We get it. We’ve been there and it sucks!
But good news—There are some ways to help make the money part a little bit easier! Here are a few easy tips to help keep track of your personal finances and maintain a steady rhythm.
1) Use autopay whenever possible. This helps make sure you pay your bills on time, every time! A few quick points to think about:
- Keep note of when all of your monthly payments are scheduled.
- Track when your paychecks are scheduled to enter your account. This helps assure you have the cash flow in sync with the bill pay timing.
2) Watch for fluctuations in bills because sometimes companies are sneaky about increasing their prices. For example, cable and internet providers have a reputation for raising prices without a clear announcement or explanation.
3) Link your savings and checking accounts so that if funds aren’t available for a charge or bill in one account, the other account will automatically transfer funds to cover it.
This process is basically creating overdraft accounts for extra protection. A couple of things to keep in mind:
- This is a free option at certain banks or credit unions, but it’s not always the case. Sometimes establishments will charge $10-$15 for each automatic transfer.
- You can also have a small line of credit (similar to a credit card) set up to act as a linked account, but you’ll get charged interest when you have an outstanding balance.
These ideas can help out if you’re hoping to keep managing your finances on your own. But if you’re looking for long-term professional financial guidance, we can give you the support you need.
Get Your Accounting Services Consultation
Integrated Tax is a woman-owned accounting firm with services tailored to each client’s unique needs and goals. We guarantee that every service we provide is essential and propels your goal.
Contact us today for a free accounting services consultation. We have locations in Prior Lake, MN, and Ft. Lauderdale, FL, and can provide service to surrounding areas.